INTRODUCTIONIhab is an Italian attorney-at-law and expert in the aviation sector. He has been engaged in commercial and regulatory law practice for many years, with a focus on aviation.
He has an extensive experience in high-profile litigation, aircraft financing and leasing, aviation regulation, aircraft accident investigations and policy & business aviation issues.
During his career, he has been actively involved in a full range of legal matters arising in the aviation industry, including drafting aviation legislations, participating in major Privatization and Public–Private Partnership projects, delivering regulatory consultations & proceedings, handling general aviation and commercial issues including sale, purchase and lease of aircraft transactions, aircraft & air navigation services’ insurance and reinsurance, and other environment, security & safety issues.
Ihab has addressed numerous conferences on aviation law and aircraft financing & leasing in the Middle East, Europe and Canada, and published on a variety of issues, including commercial aviation developments, environmental regulation impacting the aviation sector and the Cape Town Convention and its Aircraft Protocol.
He is a member of ICAO’s Commission of Experts of the Supervisory Authority of the International Registry (CESAIR) for the purposes of the Cape Town Convention (CTC) and the Aircraft Protocol.
EDUCATION AND HONOURS
- LL.M. Master of Laws in International Commercial Law(Distinction), 2015.
- International Air Law Diploma (Distinction), 2011.
- LL.B. Bachelor of Laws.
COURT ADMISSIONS AND AFFILIATIONS
- Licensed Legal Consultant by the Government of Dubai Legal Affairs Department (2017)
- Member of the ICAO’s Commission of Experts of the Supervisory Authority of the International Registry (CESAIR) for the purposes of the Cape Town Convention (CTC) and the Aircraft Protocol attached thereto. (2015)
- Appointed Observer for the Middle East Working Group for the Cape Town Convention, by the Aviation Working Group. (2014)
- Licensed Attorney-at-Law
PUBLICATIONS, SPEECHES AND PRESENTATIONS
Book Chapters / Articles
- “Global Approach to Environmental Policy and Regulation on Aviation” (Research), LUISS University, Rome - Italy, 2017.
- “Protecting the National Interests’ Creditors under CTC and the Aircraft Protocol” (Research), the International Institute for the Unification of Private Law (UNIDROIT), Rome - Italy, 2016.
- “The Cape Town Convention’s Aircraft Protocol” (Research), the Swiss Institute of Comparative Law, Lausanne-Switzerland, 2014.
- “Security Interests and Remedies protecting Creditors under the Cape Town Convention & Aircraft Protocol” (LL.M. Thesis), UNIDROIT, Rome – Italy, 2014.